Elogix understands that our professional customers have many responsibilities in their business, and for many compliance is one of the most stressful and least understood. Many of these Compliance Acts involve mandates on how data is stored, accessed, recovered and disposed of. Elogix can be part of your data compliance plan with the following features.
- Fully automated data backups stored in a secure off-site facilities.
- No media to buy, catalog or transport and store offsite.
- Data is transferred over Secure 128-bit encryption channel.
- All stored data is encrypted with 128-bit Twofish for security. To date, no known attack against this algorithm was ever reported
- All Data is easily restored on-demand 24x7.
- Backups with restricted password access - a secret encryption key can be specified for ultimate security no one but you can see your data.
- Secure data further by restricting access to data by IP address. Anyone outside your approved IP address list will not even be able to attempt login.
Information on Compliance Acts that may affect your industry
HIPAA - Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
Applies to all healthcare providers from doctors and dentist to physical and occupational therapists…
GLB or Gramm- Leach- Bliley Act - The Financial Modernization Act of 1999
Applies to "financial institutions." This includes not only banks, securities firms, and insurance companies, but also any business providing any other type of financial products and services to consumers. Brokers, accountants, tax preparation etc.
The Financial Privacy Rule of this act also applies, whether or not they are a financial institution, to any business who receives such information.
SOX - Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
Also known as the Public Company Accounting Reform and Investor Protection Act of 2002
Applies to all corporate business entities, large or small. This US Federal Law was enacted in response to the number of corporate and accounting scandals like Enron, WorldCom and Adelphia.
More information should be available at the US Securities and Exchange Commission, but we have had no luck getting this page to open.
Please note that, although all information presented on this page is believed to be factual and correct, this page is not intended to give legal advice. Please consult with legal counsel if you have questions about a specific situation or any part of the laws and acts listed.